What types of information do we collect and what do we do with it?
A. Non-Personal Information Collected When Using Our Services
We collect information about you in different ways when you visit DiscoverPH.com. For example, we collect your name, email address, and other information you voluntarily provide us on our Sites. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Sites.
When you visit our Sites, some information about your visit is automatically collected by our software systems. For example, when you visit our site, we will see your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system, application software, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language. These data are logged automatically every time you have a visit. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our site including information about how long you’ve stayed within the site and others such as:
The unique, anonymous identifier associated with your mobile device;
The Web pages viewed on your mobile device; or
The date and time at which those pages were viewed and interaction with Internet content, including advertising content.
We utilize the information described above to improve the relevance of advertisements you see. We believe that more relevant advertising is more useful and beneficial to you.
B. Web-Based Data Collection
We use standard Internet technology which includes anonymous tracking technologies, such as cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) and web beacons (small strings of code that provide a way for DiscoverPH.com to deliver a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a web page or in an email), and these may be stored in your computer, mobile device and browser.
These anonymous tracking technologies are used for different purposes to improve your experience on the website. This includes providing you with customized content that are tailored to what you are searching for while on the site. Cookies are also used to remember your username, password and viewing options, making it easier for you to log into the site without having to type your username and password every time you make a visit.
DiscoverPH.com may allow third parties (advertisers and marketers) to place their own tracking technologies (which are typically cookies ad web beacons) within your browser in order to serve you with a more relevant and significant advertising online.
Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed.
DiscoverPH.com can only access cookies that our site has set on your browser. Other cookies from other companies is not within the scope of DiscoverPH.com. You may adjust your computer’s web browser settings to refuse all cookies and other tracking technologies. However, please note that because these tracking technologies are widely used, disabling the use of them in your web browser may interfere with full use of a Site or our services.
C. Personal Information Collected
There are occasions that DiscoverPH.com will collect personal data. The types of personal information collected to assist us in improving the website for a better readership experience:
IP address of devices (which is not itself “personal information” but may be deemed as such when combined with personal information);
location of mobile devices.
This personal information may be collected at various times and for various reasons, including:
- when you visit our Site;
- to provide you with information about products, services, and features offered by our partners that we believe may be of interest to you;
- if you participate in any surveys, contests, or sweepstakes sponsored by DiscoverPh.com;
- if you post or access any content on message boards, forums, or other interactive features that we may offer;
- if you make any inquiries to us through a Site(s) or when contacting our support contact center;
- for Site(s) administration, support or troubleshooting; or
Of course, you can choose not to submit your personal information to us. If you choose not to submit your personal information, though, you may not be able to access some of the products, services, and features that we offer.
D. Personal Information Collected On Behalf Of Advertising and Marketing Partners
2. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use personal information to:
- operate, maintain, and provide services you have requested; and
- provide information and content that may be of interest to you.
We also may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to track and analyze user preferences, activities and trends in order to improve the quality and design of the services we offer; and
- to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services either through our website or through our services.
3. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
DiscoverPH.com partners with Advertisers, Marketers and Retail Merchants (collectively, “Partners”). We may share with these Partners your personal information (including location information), sometimes combined with non-personal information, so that one or more of these Partners may use your information to communicate discounts, sales, and other offers to you. We will only share such information with Partners for direct marketing purposes – in other words, so that they can communicate offers to you directly – if you have provided prior opt-in consent.
We may also share non-personal demographic information such as zip code with our Partners for mobile “mass” advertising purposes not on a one-to-one basis.
DiscoverPH.com may also share your personal information and/or non-personal information with other third parties under the following circumstances:
- When required for third-party service providers’ performance of services on behalf of DiscoverPH.com including marketing, service provisioning, website operation or Site functionality enhancement;
- When we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or if compelled to do so by law enforcement or government agencies, or by other legal action;
- when we deem it necessary or appropriate to provide such information to law enforcement authorities;
- to protect our rights, or to take precautions against liability; or
- in the course of a sale to or merger with another business;
4. OPTING IN/OUT
We believe in giving you choices when it comes to your personal information. Our direct marketing services are permission-based, meaning that we only send marketing-related or promotional text messages to mobile devices and electronic mail address registered by users who have opted-in to receive them. In addition, you can choose not to submit your personal information to DiscoverPH.com, as explained above.
You may revoke your consent to receive messages from DDR by the following procedure:
You may cancel one or more services any time by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided by DIscoverPH.com at the time the message is sent. DiscoverPH.com will terminate your registration for the most recent wireless service sent to you. Please keep in mind that after unsubscribing, you may still receive e-mail or text messages about the status of your account, to resolve technical issues or to confirm a new subscription.
5. LINKS TO OTHER (THIRD PARTY) WEBSITES
6. HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of the personal information we collect, we have implemented procedures that cover several areas. These measures are based on commercially reasonable standards that similar companies use. No data transmitted over the Internet, however, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure at all time. Thus, while we use security measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of such information.
9. WHAT ORGANIZATION IS COLLECTING THE INFORMATION?
Comments, suggestions or materials sent or transmitted to DiscoverPH.com shall be deemed to be non-confidential and not subject to any restrictions. DiscoverPH.com shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such comments, suggestions or materials and shall be free to use and distribute them to others without limitation, including, but not limited to developing and marketing products incorporating them.