AMCI Summer Camp 2012
Calling all parents of artistic kids! Join AMCI’s Summer Camp 2012 and let your kids unleash their full creative potential and also learn how to enjoy the great outdoors! This May 2012, the camp will be led and managed by one of the country’s renowned young artists – Mr. Jason Moss!
AMCI Mountaineering Club, Inc. is offering a summer learning camp where children aged 5 to 17 years old are provided with an opportunity to experience the outdoors, learn new skills, make new friends and have fun. We’re inviting your kids to be part of this one‐of‐a‐kind experience.
Date: May 5 and 6, 2012
Venue: Camp Benjamin, Alfonso, Cavite
Fee: Php 3,000 (1 child) Php 2,900 (2 children) Php 2,800 (3 children)
Fee is inclusive of entrance fee, overnight tent accommodation, activities and program implementation, use of amenities (zip line, bubble slide, wall climbing) and meals (lunch, merienda, dinner,breakfast) and roundtrip transfers from/to pick-up point.
SUMMER CAMP ACTIVITIES:
DAY One ‐ MAY 5, SATURDAY
7:30 Assembly at Makati Stock exchange fountain area (along Ayala, Makati City)
10:30 Arrival and registration at Camp Benjamin (CB)
10:45 Briefing: Discussion of Camp Guidelines and event rules by CB
attendant and Summer Camp Director
11:00 Zip line
11:45 Tie dye and shirt painting
1:30 Paper Mache Balloon Mask Making
3:00 Wall Climb
4:00 Puppet Making
6:00 Free time
8:00 Puppet Show
9:00 Smores by the bonfire
9:45 Lights Out
DAY Two ‐ MAY 6, SUNDAY
5:30 Wake up call
6:00 Jog around the perimeter
6:30 Cool down games, Tour around CB’s farm
8:00 T‐shirt Printing
8:45 Bubble Slide
10:30 Check Out
12:30 ‐ 1:00 Arrival at Makati Stock exchange for pick-up
What to bring (for kids):
Old socks (2 Pairs)
1 White shirt (for t‐shirt print)
1. Tents are provided with mattress, beddings, pillows, and an electronic lamp. You may bring your own blankets and pillows if you wish.
2. Bathrooms are provided with Hot and Cold showers so no need to worry about bringing heaters. Please bring your own towels.
3. Clothing: Be prepared to get wet and dirty!
a) Trekking gear: light material jogging pants, trekking sandals or shoes.
b) Pair of shorts or nylon material for the bubble slide (you might not slide if the material is made of cotton or maong.)
c) Extra clothes, underwear, jacket
d) Caps,scarf,bandana, etc (protection form the heat)
e) Sleep wear
4. We are not allowed to bring in food. Meals are included in the package. They have a coffee shop/restaurant where you can order snacks. They also have a convenience store where you can buy other goodies.
5. We are expected to be on time at Camp Benjamin at 10:30 am. Please come on time at the Makati Stock Exchange so we can start our activities together.
6. Take a good heavy breakfast (there is a Jollibee outlet in front of the Makati Stock Exchange.). Lunch will be our first meal at Camp Benjamin.
7. Parents/ accompanying adults who may wish to join may avail of Camp Benjamin’s accommodations (see Annex 1). You may contact Camp Benjamin directly or we can make the arrangements for you.
8. Parents are encouraged to attend the Parent’s Orientation Night to be scheduled on 25 April 2012. Venue to be announced.
AMCI Mountaineering Club, Inc. is accepting reservations up until April 25, 2012. Slots are limited and are on a first‐come‐first‐serve basis. If you wish to join, please contact Jason Moss at [email protected]
To hold your slot, we require a 50% reservation fee. You may deposit the said fee under the bank account indicated below. Once deposited, kindly email the scanned copy of the deposit slip to [email protected] Please include your contact name and number.
AMCI Mountaineering Club, Inc.
BPI Main Current Account 0010‐0064‐14
Full payment is required at the Parent’s Night Orientation scheduled on 25 April 2012. Venue to be announced.
ANNEX 1: Camp Benjamin Accomodations
(Avail of Camp Benjamin Accomodations or we can arrange it for you.)
Published Rates and Packages
Accommodation Rate Per Pax Rate Per Room
Small Tent (2 pax) PHP 3,300 PHP 6,600
Medium Tent (3 pax) PHP 3,100 PHP 9,300
Large Tent (4 pax) PHP 2,900 PHP 11,600
Small Suite Tent (2 pax) PHP 3,700 PHP 7,400
Large Suite Tent (4 pax) PHP 3,500 PHP 14,000
Single Room Dormitel (6 pax) PHP 4,300 PHP 25,800
Double Room Dormitel (12 pax) PHP 3,900 PHP 46,800
Small Suite Room (2 pax) PHP 5,700 PHP 11,400
Medium Suite Room (4 pax) PHP 5,300 PHP 21,200
Large Suite Room (6 pax) PHP 4,900 PHP 29,400
Single Room Cabana (2 pax) PHP 10,900 PHP 21,800
Double Room Cabana (4 pax) PHP 9,900 PHP 39,600
Note: Any additional pax in a tent, dormitel, suite room, or cabana beyond its ideal capacity as stated above will only be charged 50% of the rate per pax.
1. Entrance fee
2. Full board buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
3. AM and PM snacks
4. Free use of the following team building facilities: swimming pool, choice of zip line, wall climbing or rappelling, twist n turn mudslide, and obstacle course
5. Free to stroll around the 4.7 hectares, free use of the green areas and free use/seat in the wooden houses, wooden benches and wooden tables scattered all over the CB public areas
6. Overnight accommodation at the dormitel, suite rooms or cabana with provisions of toiletries and towels
7. Free flowing coffee or iced tea during meal time
8. Viewing of natural farming showcase area (organic fertilizer production, nursery, vegetable plots, mushroom production, poultry, etc)
9. CB Tent City accommodation includes the tent, choice of mattress, beddings or sleeping bag.
Rechargeable light/flash light is also provided per tent. Although not part of the package, bonfires and other camping materials and activities can be requested