Black Nazarene Feast – Road and School Closures
Due to the upcoming Black Nazarene Feast, there will be road and school closures.
The procession on the 9th of January reenacts the image’s Traslación in 1787, or solemn transfer to the Minor Basilica from its original location in what is now Rizal Park. The Traslación procession is the largest of the three, drawing millions of devotees and lasting anywhere from 14 to 20 hours.
The following roads will be closed:
January 8, 2016, 9:00 p.m. onward
- Katigbak Drive and South Drive (one lane – accessible to Manila and H2O Hotel)
- Northbound lane of Quezon and McArthur Bridge from Bonifacio Shrine onwards
- Taft Avenue from Freedom Triangle to Bonifacio Shrine
January 9, 2016, 12 midnight onward
- Stretch of McArthur Bridge, Jones Bridge and Quezon Bridge
- Roxas Boulevard from Katigbak Drive to TM Kalaw Street
- Both lane of Quezon Boulevard (Quiapo) will be closed to traffic, from Andalucia, Fugoso and Espana/P. Campa for southbound and from Taft Avenue for northbound
Vica Mayor Isko Moreno announced that classes would be suspended for all levels in all schools, colleges, and universities on Saturday, January 9.