Competition Terms and Conditions
DiscoverPH.com and Manila Sole’s Photo Competition
Title: Show your Pinoy Soul!
• The Contest shall be posted and run on DiscoverPH.com and is sponsored by Manila Sole.
• This is a photo contest wherein users and readers of DiscoverPH.com are eligible to join.
• To participate, contestants must submit a photograph that they took and believe to be the best representation of the Philippines and the “Pinoy soul”. Contestants must agree to the contest terms and conditions.
• One (1) entry will be chosen as the Contest Winner with one (1) Runner-up.
• The public can vote for their favourite photo entry.
• The winners will be decided by a panel of judges from DiscoverPH.com and Manila Sole as well as the number of votes an entry receives from public voting through DiscoverPH.com’s Facebook page.
• The Contest Winner shall receive one (1) pair of shoes from the Manila Sole 2012 Collection.
• The Runner-up shall receive one (1) pair of shoes from the Manila Sole Classic Collection.
• Contest is from July 20 until July 30, 2012 only.
• Entries received after midnight of July 30th, 2012 will not be honoured.
Terms and Conditions
1. This contest runs from July 20 to July 30, 2012. Winners will be picked after the contest period.
2. Entries must be submitted starting July 20, 2012 using the Contact Form found on the Contest Post in DiscoverPH.com. Entries submitted after midnight of July 30, 2012 will no longer be accommodated. Entries submitted via postal service will not be accepted.
3. Valid entries must include the following:
a) Contestant’s full name, email address and contact number
b) One (1) photo entry
c) Brief description of the photo.
NOTE: The photo entry must be an image file of at least 750px and a maximum of 2000px. It must be a file size between 1MB and 2MB.
4. Contestants must agree and abide by the contest Terms and Conditions. Submission of an entry will mean acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the contestant. All information detailing how to enter this contest forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
5. One (1) contest Winner shall receive one (1) pair of shoes from the Manila Sole 2012 Collection. The Winner may select any shoe style, color and size from the Manila Sole 2012 Collection SUBJECT TO STOCK AVAILABILITY.
NOTE: If the Winner is unable to select a pair from the 2012 Collection due to stock constraints, the Winner may opt to receive a Gift Certificate from Manila Sole (1 free pair of shoes from the Manila Sole 2012 Collection valid for 3 months).
6. One (1) contest Runner-up shall receive one (1) pair shoes from the Manila Sole Classic Collection. The Runner-up may select any shoe style, color and size from the Manila Sole Classic Collection SUBJECT TO STOCK AVAILABILITY.
NOTE: If the Runner-up is unable to select a pair from the Classic Collection due to stock constraints, the Runner-up may opt instead to receive a Gift Certificate from Manila Sole (50% off on the next purchase from the Manila Sole 2012 Collection valid for 3 months).
7. All prizes are transferable and cannot be converted to cash.
8. Winners will be announced via FB DiscoverPH, and on Manila Sole’s online sites. Notification of winners and coordination of prize redemption will be done via email within seven (7) days after the closing date of the contest. Prizes not claimed within thirty (30) days upon receipt of notification will be forfeited.
9. Shoe prizes will be delivered to the winner’s valid mailing address within the Philippines. Return and exchange of delivered shoes is not allowed.
10. The winners may be required to take part in publicity. Personal hand-over of prizes for winners within Metro Manila will be subject to the sponsor’s discretion.
11. This contest is open to residents of the Philippines aged 18 years or over, except for employees of DiscoverPH.com (Publisher) and Manila Sole (Sponsor), their families or anyone else associated with this contest.
12. Only one entry per person. Late, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
13. The decision of the judges is final. No disputes on the final decision will be entertained. The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory.
14. Events may occur that may render the contest itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Publisher (DiscoverPH.com). Accordingly, the Publisher may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the contest and the contestant agrees that no liability shall be attached to the Publisher as a result thereof.
15. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
16. Copyright in all images submitted for this contest remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the contest, each entrant grants DiscoverPH.com and Manila Sole the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote your comments, (collectively, the “Submission”) in connection with the Contest and such other products or services as the Publisher and Sponsor may designate in any medium now known or hereafter devised for editorial, commercial, promotional and/or any other purpose. In addition, the Publisher and Sponsor shall have the right to reproduce and distribute your Submission for promotional purposes in broadcast, print and or other media as the Publisher and Sponsor may determine in their sole discretion. You retain ownership of all right, title, and interest in and to your Submission. You agree that the Publisher and Sponsor owns all right, title, and interest in any compilation, collective work, or other derivative work created by the Publisher and Sponsor using or incorporating your Submission. You hereby grant to the Publisher and Sponsor the right to edit any of your Submission, in whole or in part. In addition, you hereby grant to the Publisher and Sponsor and their designees the right to use any edited Submission, or parts of a Submission, without your approval and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Submission prior to or following publication and any right to compensation for the Submission. By submitting your Submission, you agree to release and hold harmless the Publisher and Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of your Submission or your participation in any phase of this Contest. You also agree to release the Publisher and Sponsor against any claim or cause of action that may arise.
17. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud or other concerns that may impair the Contest, the Publisher and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment.
18. The Publisher and Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Publisher and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Publisher and Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
19. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of any potential winner, the potential winner will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of Contest entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Publisher and Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
20. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Contest Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Contest Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Contest Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
21. Disputes: Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court in the Philippines. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Republic of the Philippines, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Philippines or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Republic of the Philippines.
22. DiscoverPH.com is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prizes are the responsibility of Manila Sole.
23. Philippine law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Philippine Courts shall prevail.
24. Requirements of the Potential Winners: The potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place.
Sponsor: Manila Sole