5 Adrenaline pumping activities to do in Manila
If you’re more of the adrenaline junkie and you think there’s nothing in the metropolis for you to do to make your blood pump faster, guess again. Here are 5 adrenaline pumping activities for you to do in the metro.
1. WALL CLIMBING – You’d think that scaling walls is as easy as trying to climb a ladder. Yeah…okay…sure. It isn’t. This activity requires you to make use of all your muscles! It’s a great workout and it’s also fun! Here are some places that you can go to when the itching for some climbing just won’t quit on you.
NATURE’S CAMP ROCK CLIMBING WALL – Herrera St., Brookside Hills Subd., Cainta, Rizal
PLANET ROCK – (look for Kerry Asuncion) Colegio de San Agustin Gymnasium, Dasmarinas Village, Makati City. Phone numbers: 8439998 / 7146296 or email them at email@example.com
CAMP SANDUGO – 5th Level, Market! Market!, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila. Phone number: 8560453
POWER UP GYM – (look for Joey Cuerdo) 690 Tandang sora Avenue, old Balara, Quezon City. Call them at 0322273 / 9211658 or visit their website at www.powerup.com.ph
2. EXTREME KITING – It’s like parasailing without the water. use a para glider or a huge kite to move along the sidewalk. Do tricks as the kite picks you up and lifts you a few feet off the ground. It’s perfect for your you excitement junkies. Powerkiting Manila is at the San Miguel by the Bay over at the Mall of Asia. Get lessons for only 500 pesos! Operating hours are from 4pm to 6pm on weekends only. Better text or call them up at 09179795204 for reservations. Visit their website at www.powerkitemanila.multiply.com
3. KARTING – If you have the need for speed or just perpetually addicted to the deafening sounds of engines and the smell of burning rubber, then this is the place just for you. Drive on to Park Square 1 at the Ayala Center in Makati and fill your need for speed! For 450 pesos (which includes the cost for renting the suit and helmet), you get 10 minutes driving around their track. First timers need to also pay 150 pesos for their racing license fee and the safety seminar they require.
City kart Racing is open every day, except for Christmas day and Good Friday. Mondays to Fridays, they’re open from 3PM to 10PM, Saturdays – 10 am to midnight and Sundays from 10 am to 10 pm. Call them up at 8569155
4. MOUNTAIN BIKING – Yes. Biking. In Manila. Well, not on the city streets – unless you have a death wish or suicidal tendencies. You can rent a mountain bike and ride it on the La Mesa Eco Park terrain. Philippine Adventure can take you on a a trail on the La Mesa Eco park where you can enjoy the beautiful scenery as well as feel the thrill of navigating through trees and other foliage. Contact Philippine Adventures at 09192957050 / 8870047
5. ZOOM ZIPLINE – See my previous post here. I’m trying it out next week so fingers crossed on whether I won’t chicken out.
We have visited the Zoom Zipline in Libis, Quezon City and produced the following podcast. All DiscoverPH.com podcasts can be viewed within our podcast section.
Photos from Power Up in Silver City, Peter Emmet, City Kart Racing and photo.net.ph